The church was originally founded in around 1840 by John Marks a local preacher. He acquired a cottage and its adjoining stable from someone we believe was the village doctor. He lived in the cottage and converted the stable, measuring just 26ft by 15 ft, into a chapel, complete with a baptistery right inside the door.
In May 1960 the church became Iver Baptist Church and was incorporated into the London Baptist Association who still hold the building in Trust for us. In 1976 Buckinghamshire County Council decided to build a new first school and a replacement Village Hall to serve the growing community of Iver. Because they needed all the land between West Square and Grange Way, an agreement was made for them to buy our old church building, and incorporate a new church building into the redevelopment. As a result the size of the church building was doubled and on the last Sunday of January 1980 we held our first services in the new building. In 1990 the church became known as King’s Church and is currently an independent Church affiliated with the Evangelical Alliance. On Sunday mornings we now meet in the Village Hall which gives more space. The Church enjoys a close relationship with Gold Hill Baptist Church based about 8 miles away in Chalfont St Peter and a number of other local and national partners.